Thursday, February 18, 2010

OptiFast is NOT Fast Enough...

Today is day three of the OptiFast Weight Loss Plan to get my fatty liver in shape.  Let me tell you this... I AM HUUUUUNGRY!  Oh. My. God!

The first day I cheated a little.  I was doing great until I had visions of the leftover chicken alfredo in my refrigerator.  Surely enough, I ate it.  I mean... how could I NOT?  I'm only having 960 calories a day.  The leftovers added about 700 more calories.

Yesterday I went the entire day without cheating.  What a success!  However, today I woke up hungry as hell and with a headache that's pretty much lasted all day.  Enough of the complaining though.  I'm looking at this like a test.  If I can make it through this, I can make it through anything.  As much as I love the chicken noodle soup OptiFast packet (and yes.. it is REALLY TASTY), I am not satisfied and just want a little more of something else.   I'm sure I'm not the only one who's cheated on this diet prior to surgery.  I'm also sure I'm not the most flagrant. 

To make it through the days I drink LOTS of decaf tea.  Might I add, lots of Jell-O too.  You're allowed that during this time.  They say no more than three servings of sugar-free Jell-O but they're only 10 calories each - or some nonsense like that.  So, what if I have 4?

I stepped on the scale today and I have lost 4.4 pounds in just a day and a half. Is that right? That's a lot I thought, even considering that I had that chicken alfredo.  What if I didn't have the alfredo? Would it have been a 6 pound loss?  We'll never know. All I know is that this week of OptiFast is not going by fast enough.

No comments: